Monday, June 13, 2016

Good News

Ken and I met with Dr. Schneider, my radiation oncologist, on Friday at Windsor’s Cancer Centre. I’m thankful that he’s a pleasant man who took the time to answer all of our questions. I tried to be patient, but I’m not sure I heard anything he said before I finally asked if he had received the results of my CT scan. I’d been preparing myself for bad news, but he reported that the scan was CLEAR! They found no evidence of cancer below my neck (the scan didn’t include my head and neck). It appears my uterine cancer was stage one.

While the news is a great relief, we still have a journey ahead of us. Because of the aggressive nature of both types of cancer, I’ll be receiving chemo and radiation. Dr. Schneider explained that little pockets of cancer cells may not be visible on the CT scan, so treatment will prevent any growth in what may be hiding. I don’t know when I start treatment, but we’re off for some camping before we meet with my new chemo oncologist. Thank you all for praying for and with us – not just for my physical health but also for our hearts. God has been gracious to us – but that would have been no less true if the news had been bad. No matter where this part of the journey takes us “I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.” (Psalm 34:1 ESV)

Firmly in his grip,
Christina

5 comments:

  1. So happy for you!! I'm right with you. God's given peace about Paul's next CT Scan but there's still so much to be anxious about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get some beautiful hikes in! create memories to look back upon

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart and prayers are with you Christina... Enjoy your camping time! Cindy

    ReplyDelete